Monday, June 6, 2011

It's a Boy!

So I had a second ultrasound and found out for sure that it is a boy!  I think that after three girls I won't totally believe it until I'm holding him in my arms.

This whole having a baby in a country they don't speak English; not so fun!  The whole ultrasound he is talking a mile a minute in French and I pick up a work here and there (like hand, foot, head, boy, everything is good) which let's me get the just of what he is saying, but still feeling clueless.  It's a tad bit frustrating.  I did however look up the French word for profile which not surprisingly is very close to the English.  (If I am ever not sure how to say a word I say the English word with a French flare and it works about 50% of the time.  Yes, I know I am a total language genious.  Actually I have decided quite the opposite is true!  But, we'll say I get an "A" for effort.)  So, I was able to communicate to the guy that we wanted some pictures and definitely a profile one.  He did a great job, the printer not-so-much; welcome to Africa!

Face picture which turned out pretty well.

Profile picture which didn't turn out well when printed.

We picked up the girls from school and they got to come with us to the ultrasound which I think they thought was very cool.  I have to say after two years living here, having an African man touch my belly was really kind of akward.  I mean, a lot of times they won't even shake a women's hand so the belly...that was just a bit weird.

Six months down and three more to go!  I am freaking out a little becasue a.) it has been 5 years since I had a baby, and b.) I had lots of complications with Little Sojourner and being in a third world country is not really helping to calm my nerves!  I keep coming back to this verse: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Kind regards,

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting. It is much appreciated!