Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Last Month

So the last month my posts have been few and far between, but I promise I'm still here.  The short of it is that our family is on the brink of (or maybe in the midst of; still not quite sure) what we call in overseas living "burn-out."  We're tired, we're homesick, and we're discouraged.  The last month or so we have been in survival mode.  Putting one foot in front of the other.  Taking it one day at a time.

We made the decision that for our month's vacation this year we would head home to the U.S.  (Probably not, okay most certainly not, the smartest financial decision.)  But, it came down to heading home before out job is done, or heading home for a time of encouragement, refreshment, and most importantly the love of family and friends whom we miss dearly.  We decided the later was the best choice so a month ago we booked our tickets and informed our family and friends.

This month I have felt a little like the "little engine that could" trying to make my way up the mountain.  Tomorrow will be our last visit to the main village we work in until we come back in late December.  Just like every visit this month, I am dreading tomorrow.  Last week I dreaded it as well, but at the end of the day was so happy to have gone and experienced all that I had, but simultaneously exhausted and drained within an inch of my life.  I am hoping and praying that when we get back from the U.S. this stage will be over because, frankly, I am not enjoying this roller coaster of emotions.

6 days.  In 6 days I will be stepping on to an airplane for the bazillion hour trip back the the U.S.  I can't wait.  But, at the same time, I have the feeling of sadness that it will be over in the blink of an eye.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting. It is much appreciated!