Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pumpkin

And all things Fall. Sort of. A little bit. African Style. Just pretend with me, ok?

I found a small pumpkin at a local produce stand yesterday (Along with cilantro! I. Love. Cilantro. But, that is another story for another day.) and I had to buy it because I just love Fall. And it reminded me of Fall. And I sure miss the change of seasons that I will miss yet again this Fall.


I am not sure what will become of this pumpkin.


But tonight I am doing this so that tomorrow I can make something fun that smells and tastes of Fall.

What are your favorite Pumpkin recipes?  (I was thinking about trying this one.)

Today I also spent several hours at the girls' small school (25-30 kids K-12) helping to get things ready.  That felt very Fall-like. I am not really looking forward to that part of Fall. I really miss homeschooling. I miss my kids while they are at school.

It has rained most of today and it is in the low 80's.  Very chilly.  I am in long-sleeve shirt and track pants. That feels Fall-like too.

What do you most love about Fall?  What are you looking forward to about this Fall?

  Pretending it's Fall,
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. you are so kind to lift up prayer for my sister. i really appreciate it!

    um, and i LOVE all things cilantro or pumpkin. spiced pumpkin soup with coconut milk is my favorite (but sweets are good, too!)

    also, i read (i kid you not), that not liking cilantro is the result of a taste-bud defect that makes it tastes like soap. weird, huh? it is objectively, scientifically delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretend away! I'm all about using some imagination! :) I'm not much of a cook really. I love pumpkin pie, but I buy it. LOL I also love fall, but I know that following close behind is the dreaded winter. Oh, how I despise winter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting. It is much appreciated!