Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Week So Far...

Sunday:

We spent the day in the village. My favorite conversation of the day:
Our Friend: "Would you like a bug?"
Me: "No thanks, I'm full."
Mr. Sojourner: "Do you eat the wings?"
Our Friend: "No you don't eat the wings!" (Said like that was a silly thing to ask. Hello! You are eating bugs!)

On our way home we stopped on the side of the road for some sweet bread called "gâteau" (the french word for cake). It is super yummy. It is warm from being out in the heat of the day and so it seems like you are eating fresh baked bread. The best part is each cupcake sized one is about $0.10; sweet!

This is me hot, sweaty, and brain fried (from working in another language) after coming home from the village.

Monday:
We rested. Last week was a long and busy week too!

Tuesday:
What a rough day! My fb status was: "Computer: dead. Microwave: dead. Washer: dead. Husband: 1/2 dead." I woke up to a computer that wouldn't work, a microwave and washer that wouldn't even attempt to work, and a husband who was seriously ill. It was a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day." I did have two good meetings and language practice, but otherwise...it was rough.

To cope with all the things that were falling apart I decide to organize. Organizational type bins and stuff are almost non existent here and when you can find them they are ridiculously expensive and not good quality. I found a set recently of 3 nesting bins the smallest a shoebox size for $40.00, I just couldn't do it. Anyways, I have been saving tins and bins and jars and tubs for this purpose. (Oatmeal bins, Crisco tubs, Powdered milk tins, Cookie tins, Peanut Butter jars, etc.) Than I made labels for them with cute fonts. It made me happy.

Wednesday:

Our dog finds a shady spot in the heat of the day.

My husband got stuck in the bathroom while I was cooking dinner and I had to call a carpenter to get him out after we tried all we could to get him out. Middle Sojourner asked (with all seriousness) while he was stuck in there if they couldn't get him out if we would just pass food to him through the bathroom window. Thankfully it didn't come to that. ;)


I am hoping tomorrow is incident free...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting. It is much appreciated!