Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fruit Crisp

I had really been in the mood to have a fruit dessert with ice cream on top.  In all honesty, I had been in the mood for something peachy!  Sadly, there are no peaches here so I had to go for canned peaches.  Ice cream is another issue here.  We can't really get a carton of ice cream (unless we pay about $10 for an imported and complete with freezer burn), but we can get soft serve...at one of the gas stations!  I haven't really figured that out, but I will take it!  So, we bring our own container and get soft serve to-go.

I decided to make one of my favorites-- Fruit Crisp.  (It is really good with blueberries, but we can't get those here either...not even in a can.)  It's also really good with mangoes!  But, mango season is over here.


The Bottom:
8 c. mangoes (or peaches or whatever fruit you decide to try) (I used 3 cans of peaches drained)
1 1/2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. sugar (optional) (I don't usually do this.)

The (Yummy) Topping:
1 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. molasses (or honey) (I usually skip this.)
1/2 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I usually skip this because nuts are rare and expensive here.)
pinch of cinnamon

Directions: Toss fruit with flour (and sugar if needed).  Spread in greased baking dish.  Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over mangoes.  Bake at 375* for 35 minutes.  (Until juice bubbles and topping is golden.)  Serve warm with sweetened condensed milk, yogurt, or ice cream.  (Ice cream; definitely ice cream!!!)


Delighted,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting. It is much appreciated!