Saturday, September 11, 2010

WVU vs Marshall University Rivalry

I have to preface this by saying I have never been much of an (American) football fan (I am more of the football as in soccer kind of fan).  But, my parents both attended Marshall University and so have many of their siblings, other relatives, etc.  This is likely to be my one and only (American) football post, but here it is.

Last night was the annual WVU vs. Marshall game at Marshall.  My Mom (because she is after all their number one {die hard} fan) was of course at the game, and I am positive she was decked out in green screaming her head off.  I was on facebook really, really late last night (here in Africa) because I had coffee way too late in the evening and I saw many of my friends and family back home posting about the game.  I look around online and found the live streaming audio of the game and listened in.  It was an awesome game!  One of the coolest parts for me was getting to interact with my family and friends via facebook and twitter about the game.

Marshall played a heck of a game and I really thought for the first time in 10 years they were going to pull through.  With seconds left on the clock WVU pulled through with a 2 point conversion, tied the game and brought it into overtime.  I was sitting on the edge of my seat folks!  It was c-r-a-z-y!  In overtime WVU won the game but it was a good, exciting, and very close game.  You can read more about it: here.

I am sure my Mom is heart-broken, but she will keep rooting for the Thundering Herd and hope for the win next time!  As for me, I crawled into bed about 3:00 am bummed over the loss.

Do you watch sports?  Do you follow a favorite team?

One Tired Cookie,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting. It is much appreciated!