Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thirteen Before Thirty

Last night I was lying in bed thinking of turning thirty this coming year.  I know thirty isn't really old, but because it is going to be me...it seems very old!  I couldn't possibly be close to thirty.  But, then I realize I am about to have a ten year old and reality sets in.

Me; not long before my 29th birthday.  I still feel like the 18 year old newlywed (plus a few pounds and with the addition of three kiddos).

This led me to think about the things I would like to accomplish before turning thirty.  Not too far-fetched because I only have ten months and one day!  Attainable goals for the next ten months.

Before July, when I will turn thirty, I would like to:
1.) Lose some weight and figure out how to be healthier in my current situation.
2.) Be pregnant again.  I would  really like to have another baby.  Before I can do that I feel the need to finish goal number one for the health of the baby and me, because of the medical care where we are currently living, and because of the complications of the birth of Little Sojourner.
3.) Plant a garden.
4.) Learn to can (or canning?).
5.) Learn to make a cheesecake.
6.) See the last herd of desert elephants in West Africa.
7.) Make a quilt with African fabrics.
8.) Help Middle Sojourner to begin speaking at school and to her teacher.
9.) Visit the US and see family and friends.
10.) Read Radical by, David Platt and participate in the read along.
11.) Paint the different rooms in my house and get the house organized.
12.) Learn to re-create a Chick-fil-A meal for my family at home. (I think this and number 5 might work against number 1!)
13.) Learn to be frugal here in Africa. (I know that seems really silly, but I am great at being frugal in the US and just have not figured it out here.  Things are a lot more expensive and there are no sales and coupons.  I am going to need to get creative!)

I can't wait to get started on these new adventures!  I will keep you posted to my progress and share as I try new things.

Do you have a list of goals for the next couple of months or years?  I'd love to hear them!

Contemplating thirty,
Photobucket
*Linking up to Thursday 13.

5 comments:

  1. This is a really fun list! Do you have a game plan for making it happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! And from someone who turned 30 six months ago, it's not that different from 28 or 29. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through the Thursday Thirteen blog. I love your list-- and your blog. What a clever and catchy title and fun posts to read too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia, I am working on a game plan for a few of the items on the list. We'll see how it goes.

    Melissa, thanks! And, that is very comforting to know. :)

    Kathryn, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list and wish you the best at completing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting. It is much appreciated!